Monday, January 3, 2011

Food + Dieting


So I am a good Southern girl and I love to bake and cook. My mom taught me as a little girl how to make everything her grandmother taught her. So I can make a good pie, chicken and dumplings, pot roast, etc. But I am also I very healthy eater for the most part (since I was "blessed" with my not so fast metabolism) so I love to make healthier versions of everything, good salads, etc. And by heathier I don't mean I just make everything with splenda and call it a day, but I try and eat real food, so as un-processed as possible. I buy a few items in organic (but I am not super intense about it), I usually buy whatever looks best. So I say all this to let you know that I will be blogging about food, and cooking, and sharing recipes, but they will be in short supply for the next several weeks. I am about to do the HGC diet with my sister. So basically I am only allowed to eat a few foods for the next few weeks, and recipes would be boring. But afterward, I will be cooking up a storm to make up for lost time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment