Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am blessed


So sometimes I forget what a blessed life I live. I start focusing on the things I don't like about my life, instead of realizing I have been given so much. One thing I am so grateful for lately is the wonderful girls of my bible study. I joined this group about 18 months ago and have laughed and cried alongside them. They have become some of the first girls I call when I need something and who I want to know when something joyful happens. My favorite part of our group is that every week we do "what's God doing in your life". There are weeks when I dread this question, when I feel like God is doing nothing, or that I am avoiding God. But even during those weeks, I treasure this time because it allows me to see God working in the other girls lives and to force me to look deeper at my life and see where I might be missing something He is doing. So here is to all the girls who encourage me each week, who keep me going, and who are just there when I need to vent. I adore you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love you (and them all) too! You're right- we're so blessed, and it's high time we focus on what we DO have!

    ReplyDelete